Code of Ethics / Standards of Practice
We at Ontario Inspections Inc; Your, Home Inspection and Mold Inspection partner, follow and abide to CanNACHI (Canadian National Association of Certified Home Inspectors) and InterNACHI International Association of Certified Home Inspectors) Code of Ethics and Standard Of Practice.
Code of Ethics:
The Canadian National Association of Certified Home Inspectors (CanNACHI) promotes the highest standards of professionalism, business and personal ethics and inspection procedures and practices. CanNACHI members adhere to the following Code of Ethics in the course of their business.
- The CanNACHI member's "Duty to the Public":
- The member shall abide by the Code of Ethics and follow the CanNACHI Standards of Practice.
- The member shall not engage in any practices that could be damaging to the public or bring discredit to the home inspection industry.
- The member shall be fair, honest, impartial, and act in good faith in dealing with the public.
- The member shall not discriminate in any business activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, familial status, sexual orientation, or handicap and shall comply with all federal, provincial and local laws concerning discrimination.
- The member shall be truthful regarding his/her services & qualifications.
- The member shall have no undisclosed conflict of interest with the client, nor shall he/she accept or offer any undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefit, nor shall he/she accept or offer any disclosed or undisclosed commissions, rebates, profits or other benefit from real estate agents, brokers or any third parties having financial interest in the sale of the property nor shall he/she offer or provide any disclosed or undisclosed financial compensation directly or indirectly to any real estate agent, real estate broker or real estate company for referrals or for inclusion on lists of preferred and/or affiliated inspectors or inspection companies.
- The member shall not communicate any information about an inspection to anyone except the client without the prior written consent of the client, except where it may affect the safety of others or violates a law or statute.
- The CanNACHI member shall always act in the interest of the client, unless doing so violates a law, statute or this Code of Ethics.
- The member shall use a written contract that specifies the services to be performed, limitations of services and fees.
- The member shall comply with all government rules and licensing requirements of the jurisdiction where he/she conducts business.
- The member shall not perform or offer to perform, for an additional fee, any repairs or associated services to a structure on which the member or member's company has prepared a home inspection report, for a period of 12 months. This provision shall not include services to components and/or systems which are not included in the CanNACHI standards of practice.
- Duty to Continue Education:
- The member shall comply with CanNACHI 's current Continuing Education Requirements.
- Duty to the Profession and CanNACHI
- The member shall strive to improve the Home Inspection Industry by sharing his/her lessons and/or experiences for the benefit of all. This does not preclude the member from copyrighting or marketing his/her expertise to other Inspectors or the public in any manner permitted by law.
- The member shall assist the CanNACHI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of CanNACHI membership.
- The member shall not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious or destructive to CanNACHI, fellow members, employees, leadership or directors of CanNACHI. Member(s) accused of acting or deemed in violation of such rules shall be reviewed by the Discipline & Professional Practices Committee for possible sanctions and/or expulsion from the association.
- The member shall abide by CanNACHI's current membership requirements.
- The member shall abide by CanNACHI's current message board rules.